Travel

FOOD

Photography

Pink Lake Melbourne

by - 9:57:00 AM

 If you are from Melbourne you have probably heard about the Pink Lake near the West Gate Bridge.

Back in March 2019 I decided to go and check it out. So here are some pictures.




According to the Parks Victoria Website: The pink is caused by Algae growing in the salt crust at the bottom of the lake and it produces the red pigment (beta carotene) as part of its photosynthesis process and in response to extremely high salt levels.
The best time to see the lake this beautiful shade of pink is usually in the warmer months. I went back in March and it was still pink.
I hope you enjoyed my post.
This was on my bucket list and can now be crossed off.
Until next time
xoxo Danii

Pin it

You May Also Like

6 Comments

  1. I've never seen a pink lake--looks quite unique. Has the lake always had this algae, or was this introduced at some point?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. Im pretty sure its always had algae in there

      Delete
  2. Oh I love this! I went to a pink salt flat in Puerto Rico once and now I'm always wanting to find more pink places! It looks like this one is super bright too - so fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats amazing. Sadly this one is only pink for a short amount of time. I dont think it has been pink for a while.

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of this before! It looks like pink lemonade.

    ReplyDelete